Monday, September 9, 2013

The 2nd Anniversary


 

"My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold "



Well I cant believe yesterday marked the 2 year anniversary since we received Westins diagnosis.  It feels like it was just yesterday.  Ill always remember, we were sitting in the cold Sioux Falls Ultra Sound room..... and hearing the words.. Spina Bifida

While those are no words any expectant couple wants to hear, they are a part of life... our life.

Its funny the things that stick out in your mind, the things that you remember.  After going though months of infertility treatments to be told we were pregnant was the best thing we could have ever heard.... and at my first Dr visit in Wahpeton the Dr. told Travis and I to close our eyes and to think to ourselves about the following question.  If we were told we were having a child with Down Syndrome or Spina Bifida, would it change our minds if we would keep the pregnancy or not.  We both at the same time said No way, this is our baby he was given to us for a reason.  How I still remember the words Spina Bifida coming out of his mouth, at the time I didn't even know what that meant.  Funny how things change.

Fast forward to today.. and we have a son who is wonderful, happy, smart, cute and soo full of life.  He has a smile that can light up a room and a laugh that is contagious.  While I know god has a plan for all of us, I believe my plan was to be Westins Mom.  While I have days that are tough, I know things can always be worse.

I'm thankful for my different support groups.  I am a part of several online groups that know exactly what its like in my shoes... which is nice. We also have a great support group with family and friends.



Cousin Love

While the initial sting may be gone, the scar will last forever










No comments: