Monday, November 16, 2015

Our little superstar

Happy Thanksgiving Week!

I cant believe Thanksgiving is almost here.  Where does the time go??  We had a pretty uneventful fall.  We did a little camping, enjoyed being outside playing in the leaves and no mosquitoes!  I always enjoy fall, the weather is beautiful.  Another reason I enjoy the fall is because October is Spina Bifida awareness month.  This is very special to me.  If I can educate one person on this disability I consider it a success.  This October however we were presented with a very special opportunity.  We were able to share Westins story in our states largest newspaper.  If was such a fun time and of course Westin was full of smiles for the camera.  But we received such a wonderful response from our friends and family and even complete strangers.  If you would like you can read the article at the link below.


http://www.inforum.com/variety/3864503-hes-typical-3-year-old-family-learns-adapt-sons-spina-bifida

A couple of weeks ago we picked up Westins newest pair of SMOS/AFOS.  They needed a couple of small adjustments but overall will do the job just fine!  When we come in from outside he is quick to take his shoes and braces off.  He says that if I get to take mine off then he does to! We will need to work on this! 

As I look forward to the week ahead which will be spent with lots of family I really reflect on all of the things that I am truly so grateful for.  We are so blessed to have Westin in our lives.  He is the biggest blessing we could of ever been given. 

 “A mother’s love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no aw, no pity, it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path.” – Agatha Christie



No comments: